CSUF’s Largest Summer Study Abroad Program!
Depart Los Angeles: June 2
Arrive Florence: June 3
Depart Florence: July 2
Arrive Los Angeles: July 2
COMM 300, COMM 334, COMM 426, CTVA 375, and CTVA 377T will be held ONLINE May 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 30, 31, June 1
CTVA 360 and HCOMM 432 will be held ON CAMPUS May 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 30, 31, June 1
The application link (cut and paste) is:
Application Deadline: April 1, 2017
APPROXIMATE AIFS FEE (accommodations and transportation in Florence and Rome, guided tours of Chianti, Pitti Palace, and Uffizi Gallery) $2,283.24 if 30 students are enrolled.
APPROXIMATE CSUF SUMMER FEES ($350 per unit; 6 units required) $2,100
APPROXIMATE AIFS FLIGHT COST $1,711.75 Though students can get their own flights
AIFS Fees Cover
- Accommodation in shared self-catering apartments within the historic center of Florence. The apartments will be a maximum 30-minute walk from the AIFS Study Center and typically 4 to 6 Cal State Fullerton students will share an apartment with 2 students per bedroom. Wireless internet will be available in apartments;
- An orientation program in Florence consisting of a detailed orientation meeting with AIFS staff, student information package including a comprehensive student handbook, essential local area information, a welcome reception and half-day sightseeing tour of Florence with the services of a professional English-speaking guide;
- Access to the wireless-enabled AIFS Student Center and the services of an experienced AIFS program coordinator and student advisors for information, advice, and 24-hour emergency contact service;
- Entrance reservations to Uffizi and Palazzo Pitti with the services of a professional English-speaking guide;
- A full-day excursion to Siena and San Gimignano including round-trip transportation by private bus and the services of a professional English-speaking guide in Siena;
- A half-day excursion to Chianti for wine tasting including round trip transportation by private bus, a Tuscan lunch and the services of and English-speaking guide;
- A three-day, two-night excursion to Rome to include: round-trip transportation by train, accommodation in twin rooms in a tourist-class hotel with breakfast, entrance to the Colosseum and Roman Forum, the Vatican museums and Sistine Chapel, with the services of a professional English-speaking guide, metro tickets provided where necessary and the services of an AIFS tour manager for the duration of the trip. Breakfast will be included;
- A farewell dinner;
- Official police registration fees;
- $50 non-refundable application fee;
- Student medical and program fee refund insurance policies, as outlined in the AIFS insurance brochure. Coverage includes $100,000 accidental medical expense and $10,000 accidental death payment plus 24-hour emergency care assistance during the program and repatriation in cases of verified emergency beyond the students’ control;
- $51,000,000 liability coverage with Cal State Fullerton named as co-insured for the duration of the program; and
- Pre-departure information services and a toll-free contact number in the United States.
The following options also are available:
- On a space-available basis, students may purchase the optional transportation package consisting of round-trip airfare between Los Angeles and Florence and round-trip transfers overseas between the airport and the housing in Florence for an additional, yet to be determined, cost, excluding mandatory U.S. government and airline-imposed departure taxes, fees, and fuel surcharges yet to be determined for which students will be billed separately;
- The group airfare rate can only be guaranteed for a minimum enrollment of 12 or more participants taking this option. AIFS will reserve spaces at the above prices according to information on the student application form. Once airline tickets have been issued to students, they can only be changed directly with the issuing agent. Airline-imposed penalties apply. AIFS cannot arrange airline tickets for students applying after March 9, 2017;
- Meal plan of 10 vouchers to use for lunch and dinner in selected local eateries for a cost of $195; and
- Extra Protection Insurance Coverage, including increased medical insurance ($65) and/or personal effects insurance ($90) as outlined in the AIFS insurance brochure.
AIFS Fees Do Not Cover
The above fee does not include the following items:
- Round-trip airfare and transfers – see “optional” section;
- $125 refundable damage deposit;
- Passport or visa fees if applicable;
- Meals other than those listed-see “optional” section;
- Personal expenses;
- University tuition fees;
- Textbooks; and
- Additional field-trips and excursions other those listed.